Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jamlanguage.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday 31 January 2010

Miami Ghosts

During a recent stop in Miami, I had the chance to spend some quality time with my lovely friend and song writer/singer Juliet Dibenedetto, whom I’ve known since I was 14! We met up in a local dive bar/restaurant in Coconut Grove and we found ourselves talking to the charming bartender who began to tell us about the ghosts in the place. Yes, indeed he proceeded to tell us about the ghosts, whom he had managed to befriend by leaving them glasses of rum every night. Apparently, there had been a murder on site. A woman was having an affair and her husband had intended to kill her lover but in the midst of their argument he shot his wife instead. Distraught he then killed himself. Its said the couple’s spirits still reside there and they make their presence known by turning lights and music off and on, flushing the toilets and breaking glasses. As he was telling me this story mostly in English with a dash of Spanish and the occasional "Spanglish", I wondered if the ghosts were listening in on our conversation. But more importantly I began to ask myself if they could understand us. As a ghost perk do you get unlimited linguistics abilities? :)

Enjoy the SNEAK (sssh) Juliet Sample.... Copyright Juliet Dibenedetto. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment