Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jamlanguage.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Monday 10 May 2010

Madrid - "madre mia!!!"



























Madre Mia!! Shouted a guy out of his car window as I was walking Homer (picture below.. my rent-a-dog). This could only translate as follows:

Madre Mia!!!!! = My mother !!!!!

Translation/Meaning 1 = Mother of God!!!! I've Died and Gone to Heaven!!!

Translation/Meaning 2 = Mother of God!!!! How annoying!!!!

The meaning is left to the context, intonation, etc

Not sure which one he meant to be honest but if its Meaning #1 I'm sure he was referring to the dog...just look how cute he is!!!! Clearly anything but annoying!!! :)


JAM English Flashcards: Fruit and Vegetables available online at
jam.shop now!

No comments:

Post a Comment