Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jamlanguage.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday 11 March 2010

Porto-Inglês Language Exchange

London is a difficult place to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger. I can understand how difficult it is for a student who has just moved over to learn English to find native English speakers to practice with! We met in a pub in Holborn and would speak in Engilsh for one hour and Portuguese for the second hour. It was a great way to meet people from such a variety of backgrounds and to practice my (very basic) Portuguese.

I’ve made some good friends through these evenings who I would’ve never met otherwise. Brazilians who had just moved to London to learn English, English who were traveling to Brazil, people who just wanted to meet other people. I liked that I could take an assignment with me to have it checked over by a native speaker, or just have a casual chat with a new friend.

The evenings take place at Penderel’s Oak pub in Holborn at 7:30pm on Wednesday evenings and it is free! Sign up to their meeting group here for updates each week.

JAM English Flashcards: Fruit and Vegetables available online at jam.shop now!

No comments:

Post a Comment