Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jamlanguage.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Spaglishtalian































My friend and "Jefe de Publicidad" for Esquire Magazine Spain, Cristiano Badoch and I have discovered “Spanglishtalian”. It is essentially, the fusion between Spanish, English and Italian. Cristiano is Italian but his mother was partially raised in Venezuela. This compiled with a few years in the UK and current residence in Spain, Cristiano manages English, Spanish and of course Italian.

And so our conversations start in Spanish (we make a conscious effort) regress to English and then ultimately Italian. Keeping in mind that my Italian is limited to one semester in University, you can see where this is going! We try to stick to one language, notably Spanish, but any personal questions from Cristiano and I revert to my comfort zone of English. He starts in Spanish, hears my reply in English and unconsciously switches to English too. And of course any personal or envelope pushing questions from me and he reverts to Italian. Hola Guapo! Dove Siete? Still looking for Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment